Melissa Jolly Garden Design

Melissa Jolly Garden Design
Click to go to my website

Monday 10 May 2010

Structure

I went to see my wall and bar last week that my lovely carpenter, Gene Walters of Phoenix Carpentry, has been creating for me. It was a slightly nervous moment before I saw what he'd done as you never quite know if it will look like it does in your head and on plan as it does in the flesh. I was thrilled with what I saw - his attention to detail is superb.

It threw up the odd problem here and there as the seed tray I had designed to fit into the worktop was too big - so another meeting with my metal worker Richard Heron from Heron Metal Crafts was called to make a few amendments. He will be making a curved aluminium door to enclose the stogare area. Still a work in progress but looking good.

The large curved wall is a pretty bold statement and will be even more so when painted with matt black 'blackboard' paint. If time permits - only 2 weeks to go so may be pushing my luck - I've asked my sister to come up with some artwork for the wall to temper the large block of black. Having seen these 2 major components of the garden has made the whole show garden experience suddenly seem very real.

2 comments:

  1. Looking great Mel - best of luck with it all - you'll do brilliantly, no doubt of that! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking fantastic. It is very exciting. I am looking forward to see the final. Sure will be great! yasixxx

    ReplyDelete