Melissa Jolly Garden Design

Melissa Jolly Garden Design
Click to go to my website

Friday 16 April 2010

Potting on...

Spring has most certainly arrived (despite it feeling arctic) and the plants are looking great. The past few weeks have been taken up with 'potting on' - carefully planting the growing seedlings into larger pots. It's a time consuming but theraputic job - and each time I take a plant out of a pot that I have grown from seed and see it's delicate lacework of roots running around the pot perimiter I feel like I've done a good job. I know plants are supposed to grow and want to grow but still, I'm always surprised I haven't killed them!



So far, my polytunnel has provided the young plants with protection from the last frosts and (fingers crossed) any pests and diseases...
I've taken to buying and sowing more and more as the show deadline approaches, maybe the nervous energy is kicking in already.

No comments:

Post a Comment